Learn how the Star Tribune is making a difference across Minnesota through powerful and thoughtful journalism.
Star Tribune Takes Center Stage at Minnesota State Fair with Appearances from Numerous High-Profile Guests
MINNEAPOLIS – Aug. 17, 2017 – With a brand new “Star Tribune Stage” adjacent to its completely renovated building, Star Tribune Media Co., Minnesota’s largest media company, today outlined its plans for its 12-day presence at the 2017 Minnesota State Fair.
This year, the Star Tribune will unveil the “Star Tribune Stage,” an open-air amphitheater with room for more than 100 fairgoers. Three times each day, the venue will host a range of interactive discussions, performances, presentations, and interviews featuring a variety of newsmakers from politics, media, sports, and culture. Some of the scheduled appearances include:
- Gov. Mark Dayton – Enjoy a candid interview led by Lori Sturdevant. A state fair tradition.
- Steve Sack – The Star Tribune’s Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial cartoonist will talk about his career and sign copies of the new anthology, “The First and Only Book of Sack.”
- Chuck Fletcher – The Minnesota Wild’s GM sits down with reporter Mike Russo to discuss “the State of Hockey.”
- Paul Douglas – Talk weather—what else?—with Minnesota’s favorite meteorologist.
- Thad Levine – Reporter La Velle Neal sits down with the Twins GM.
- Curtiss A – The acclaimed local musician and visual artist will discuss his long career with reporter Chris Riemenschneider.
- Rick Nelson and Melissa Walker – Star Tribune’s food and features reporters will highlight the best new foods at the fair.
- Manny Lagos – Catch the Minnesota United GM in conversation with soccer reporter Megan Ryan.
- Peace Coffee – Join Ryan Brown and Melanee Meegan from Peace Coffee as we sample “First Edition,” their signature coffee commemorating the Star Tribune’s 150th anniversary.
- Michael Agnew and John Garland – Star Tribune’s beer columnist and the senior editor of The Growler will host a lively discussion on beers of the State Fair.
- Trivia Mafia – Test your knowledge of Minnesota history throughout the week—with many questions pulled right from the pages of the Star Tribune.
Adjacent to the Star Tribune Stage, fairgoers can visit the paper’s completely renovated building, featuring new signage, energy-efficient LED lighting, and Cambria® countertops. This bustling location is where attendees can get exclusive State Fair deals on Star Tribune subscriptions, browse 150 years of the Star Tribune archives, and take home great State Fair merchandise, including the always highly anticipated Star Tribune lip balm.
About Star Tribune Media Company
Celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2017, Star Tribune Media Company LLC is a locally owned, award-winning media company serving Minnesota and the upper Midwest. With the fifth-largest Sunday and sixth-largest daily circulation newspaper in the U.S., the most-visited local website, a range of home-delivered advertising solutions, and a popular arts/entertainment brand, Star Tribune reaches more consumers than any other Minnesota media brand.